2.2. Personal Data
2.2.1. Yeti Airlines may collect the following categories of your personal data, based on your consent or as permitted by the applicable law:
• Your name, address, telephone, e-mail address and other contact information,
• Identification and passport information,
• Ticketing and flight reservation details,
• Invoicing and payment method information,
• Product order information,
• Information on your personal areas of interest,
• Information submitted to Yeti Airlines as part of your feedback and complaints regarding our products and services,
• Information on your use of our Website, our Mobile Applications and other communication channels,
• Your choices and past experience regarding our products and services.
2.2.2. Yeti Airlines may process your collected personal data for the following purposes, based on your consent or as permitted by the applicable law:
• Concluding reservation and Ticketing transactions and managing your flight account,
• Better addressing your travel needs,
• Proposing personalized flight offers and services,
• Creating databases, carrying-out listing, reporting, verification, analysis and evaluations, producing statistical data, undertaking segmentation, profiling, unification and data enrichment activities and to share data with third-party experts, subject to confidentiality,
• Conducting analysis for how you use our Website, our Mobile Applications and other communication and sales channels and to personalize our communication channels for a better service,
• Conducting research and development on our products and services and your personal choice alternatives regarding these products and services,
• Contacting you directly or through service providers for market research purposes, using the contact information provided to us,
• Conducting commercial marketing communication for promoting our products and services, promoting new services, special flight offers and other information we consider that may be of interest to you,
• Ensuring flight safety and security, protecting the lives or the property of Yeti Airlines, Yeti Airlines staff, service providers and their staff or our Passengers, complying with the applicable law in respect of the matters covered in this paragraph, facilitating the travel of our Passengers, carrying out security and risk assessments and complying with legal obligations and requests by authorized administrative bodies.
2.2.3. Yeti Airlines may transfer your personal data for the purposes stated herein to the third parties categorized below based on your consent or as permitted by the applicable law:
• Business partners,
• Yeti Airlines employees, Yeti Airlines group companies, service providers, authorized travel agents and other airlines under alliance and cooperation schemes,
• Authorized administrative bodies in Nepal, subject to the applicable air transportation rules, and other relevant persons and entities, subject to applicable legal obligations,
• Authorized administrative bodies on the grounds of public order and flight security and to fulfill legal obligations arising from the applicable law where we operate flights.
2.2.5. You can always apply to Yeti Airlines to: (a) understand if your personal data is processed; (b) request information on the processing of your personal data, (c) understand the purpose of processing for your personal data and whether these are used in line with this purpose; (d) know third parties to whom your personal data is transferred in Nepal and abroad and to inquire about the appropriate safeguards implemented for cross-border personal data transfers; (e) correct your incomplete or incorrect personal data processed and maintained; (f) request the destruction or anonymization of your personal data subject to the purposes for the processing of your personal data being fully exhausted; (g) have third parties notified of the transactions covered in items (e) and (f), (h) object to the results of any analysis of your personal data exclusively through automatic systems. Your applications can be submitted to us through the Inquiry/Feedback section of the Yeti Airlines Website or any other communication channel indicated in that section.
2.2.7. If you transact with Yeti Airlines for another Passenger or user of services, Yeti Airlines may process the personal data provided by you regarding yourself and the person on whose behalf you are carrying out a transaction. In this case, Yeti Airlines may communicate with the Passenger directly about their flight.
2.3. Electronic Marketing Communication
2.3.1. Commercial electronic marketing communication will be carried out based on your contact permissions provided during Ticketing, Yeti Airlines Skyclub membership registration or any other applicable medium. In this respect and subject to your consent, you accept to receive commercial electronic marketing communication regarding the promotion of products and services offered by Yeti Airlines and Yeti Airlines’ business partners, new products and services, special flight offers, other information regarding your trip or information Yeti Airlines may consider to be in your interest. You can always choose not to receive such communication for the future on all or some of your contact details through following the options provided in the relevant marketing communication.
2.4.1. If you believe that Yeti Airlines has incorrect or incomplete information on your personal data, please contact us as soon as possible. Yeti Airlines will correct the information that is incorrect or incomplete.
2.4.2. You can access or modify your personal information regarding your Yeti Airlines membership though the “EDIT PROFILE” tab under the Yeti Airlines User page through the Yeti Airlines Website or the Yeti Airlines Mobile Applications.
2.5.1. The protection of your privacy is important for Yeti Airlines. All forms through which you submit information to us are protected by 128 Bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), an encrypted communication tool, during communication. When the relevant information reached us, they are maintained in accordance with our security and privacy standards. To benefit from SSL, your web browser must support SSL and your browser options should enable the use of SSL.
2.5.2. Each member will have a username and a password. “Username” is unique for each member and cannot be assigned to another user. The “password” is created by and is known only to the member. Members can always change their passwords. Creating and maintaining password security is the obligation of the user. Yeti Airlines does not assume any responsibility in respect of the misuse of passwords.
2.5.3. Likewise, it is the Passenger’s or his/her agent’s responsibility to maintain the privacy of the PNR produced uniquely for your transactions through different communication and sales channels. Others may access your reservation details if your PNR information is disclosed to third parties.
2.5.4. Your data is maintained only to the extent necessitated by our business processes or legal obligations. The details of your credit cards are not maintained on our servers.
2.6.1. The Yeti Airlines Website contains several links to third-party websites, allowing you to access content prepared by third-parties by hyperlinks. Yeti Airlines has no authority on the linked third-party websites and does not assume any responsibility for third-party content. The terms and conditions applicable to the Yeti Airlines Website will not apply to your access and use of third-party websites.
2.6.2. You are fully responsible for your access, content, use and communication to or through the linked third-party websites. All personal data transfer to be carried out through the linked third-party websites will be subject to the information, other notifications and rules determined and published by the third-party operating the website and acting as the data controller under applicable law.
2.7. Cookies and Digital Marketing
2.7.2. There are four different categories of cookies based on their purpose: Session Cookies, Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies, and Publicity and Third-Party Cookies. Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are stored on the user’s browser until the user exits the Yeti Airlines Website. Other cookies are cookies that remain on the user’s browser for as long as the user does not delete them. The cookies’ lifespan varies, depending on the user’s browser settings.
2.7.3. Yeti Airlines uses Session Cookies, Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies and Publicity and Third-Party Cookies on the Yeti Airlines Website.
a) Session Cookies: This type of cookies is necessary for the smooth functioning of the Yeti Airlines Website. These cookies make it possible to visit the Yeti Airlines Website and to benefit from its features. Session Cookies are used to store the information in the web pages and to avoid the need to re-enter your details.
b) Performance Cookies: These cookies store information about how often the website is visited, any relevant error messages received, the duration of the visit and the user’s use of the website. This information is used to improve the website performance.
c) Functional Cookies: These cookies remember the choices the user has made on the website (e.g., city and flight date selections) and facilitates the use of the website by the user. These cookies make it possible for the user to benefit from sophisticated internet features.
d) Publicity and Third-Party Cookies: For using certain functions, third-party suppliers’ cookies are used on the Yeti Airlines Website (e.g., cookies comprising sharing devices on social media on flight destinations and promotional pages). The Website also contains the cookies of the firms carrying-out advertisement tracking.
2.7.4. In general, internet browsers are pre-defined to automatically accept cookies. Browsers can be adjusted to disable cookies or to alert users when a cookie has been sent to their device. Because cookie management varies from browser to browser, further information can be obtained from the relevant browser’s information website. For details on how to delete or disable cookies or for general information on cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
2.7.5. You can accept or reject cookies. You can enable or disable cookies by changing the settings of your internet browser. For information on how to change your browser settings and how to delete cookies please see your browser’s instructions. Please bear in mind that when cookies are disables, some of the website’s features will change. Please refer to the websites below for information about disabling third-party cookies:
• Mozilla Firefox
• Internet Explorer
• Google Chrome